We had a lovely day today- first we wrote about Stanley’s adventures, read some more emails sent to us, then we had a picnic outside and we played games (and had a little party) in the afternoon. Thanks to the children in the class for a fantastic year- you are all super and I’ve enjoyed teaching you all! Thanks to the class parents for all your help and support throughout the year, it’s been a great year. Today is Christian’s birthday so a very happy birthday to him!
It’s our last week in first class! June 27, 2011
The year has passed so quickly and we are busy getting organised for the holidays. The children are taking home some of their books and copies each night this week. Please empty your school bag so that you can carry home more books each day. A big thank you to everyone who sent in emails for our Flat Stanley project. We will do a recap of all the places Stanley went during the week. As you know, we get our holidays this Thursday however Wednesday is our last day together. We will be having an end of year party Wednesday afternoon. The children can bring in a DVD/ small game (cards, board game etc…) if they wish. They do not need to bring in treats as I’ll have some in the classroom. It’ll be a fun and sad day as we say goodbye to 1st class!
Happy Birthday Isabelle! June 26, 2011
Some important notices. June 22, 2011
1. 6th class cake sale in aid of the Dublin 15 hospice is taking place tomorrow Thursday 23rd June.
2. Our book sale is also taking place tomorrow- those of you who are selling your 1st class readers will do so to senior infants for €10. This will be returned in a sealed envelope so please check your child’s bag for it tomorrow.
3. The children got their 2nd class booklist today.
4. If you want to buy the 2nd class readers tomorrow- please bring in €5 in an envelope as we will be going to a 2nd class to buy them tomorrow also.
5. 1st class books will be sent home from next Monday onwards.
Happy Birthday Faye June 15, 2011
News June 13, 2011
- Yesterday 12th June was Eoin’s birthday. Happy belated birthday Eoin! Hope you had a lovely day.
- Today we got an email from Harry’s cousin that he sent his Flat Stanley to. We saw pictures of Stanley at greyhound racing- they were great! Stanley was having a great time!!! Thanks for sending them on!
- On Wednesday there will be an ice-cream fundraiser for Down Syndrome Ireland. Each child is asked to contribute €2 to raise funds for the organisation.
- This week we are learning about nouns. Today we learned that a noun can be a person, place, thing or animal. The children came up with examples of each.
- We are revising topics we have covered this year in maths- time, money and 3D shapes.
School walk tomorrow 8th June June 7, 2011
The school walk will take place tomorrow, Wednesday 8th June. Please ensure your child wears in their tracksuit or shorts and runners. The sponsorship forms must should be back in by Thursday whether they are filled or not, thanks.
We had a great sports day last Friday, with fantastic weather…here are some pictures: