We are busy bees this week!
- ADJECTIVES! We are learning to identify adjectives in the books we are reading and we are trying to incorporate them in our writing. Perhaps you could quiz your child about any describing words on the page they read tonight or maybe from their sails book! We re-read the fantastic The Gruffalo and everyone stood when we heard a describing word-it was fun!
- – 8 tables to be learned off by heart this week at home.
- Story: The Little Humpback Bridge.
- Patterns and the 100 square. Word problems- altogether means add… less than means subtract. Word problems are a tricky area and we’ll be concentrating on them a lot until June.
- Teeth: looking after our teeth and keeping our diet healthy. After we read and discussed the functions of teeth and how to take care of them we tried out a few games on this site: http://www.colgate.com/app/Kids-World/US/Games-And-Activities.cvsp (We didn’t have much time in school to play this so I promised I would post the link here)
- Continuing our drama on The Forest Child.